I want to see everyone blessed with opportunity to achieve meaning, purpose and fulfillment in life. My wife, Betty, and I would love to help every suffering person on this planet, but we are limited in our capacity to assist. Each one of us should seek to do our part sharing and meeting real needs.
Because we care many people seek our help. They are desperate for assistance and answers. God revealed to me that everything in His heart is not my part. I can’t do it all; no one can. We must seek to know and fulfill our part in God’s heart.
Betty and I, along with those who join us through LIFE Outreach, can touch many lives. I am convinced that everyone can touch someone in some way. God led me to understand that a major part in His purpose for me is that I attempt to inspire others to find their part in God’s heart. You can find someone to love, help, encourage, mentor and inspire. You can find worthy causes to support. Every person can support the difference-makers and the things that make a positive, meaningful difference. I’m committed to His kingdom purpose — to see you blessed and others blessed through you. God has blessed America, America has blessed others, and I pray these compassionate expressions will continue.
Unfortunately, we are rapidly drifting away from the principles that gave us the opportunity and ability to be the prosperous, compassionate people who reveal our nation’s true greatness. Far too many Americans have foolishly turned from godliness to anti-God practices. In fact, to some it has become “cool” in our society to be labeled an atheist or an agnostic. Such a person must really be a “critical thinker.” There are more people foolishly trusting government than God. Democracy is a great privilege and opportunity to achieve, but it can lead to tyranny when the majority think and live out of harmony with God’s truth, will and sensible thinking.
The misdirected majority in power changing the rules, as they so often do, prove the recent statement of a current congressman, “We make the rules as we go along.” The legislators are adopting insane practices and forcing the population to actually steal from those who are yet to be born by passing unpaid debt and interest on them. Inconceivable! Who ever thought we would see this happen? How can we allow it to happen? With God’s help, we must not! We have seen the devastating effect of extreme socialist policies around the world. Much of our present population supports these trends, and without a reversal we will be economically sunk. Destroyed by our twisted thinking and crooked practices.
I am going to spend the rest of my life seeking God, His will, His ways and also seeking to inspire everyone to appreciate freedom’s blessings while challenging them to protect what we have and can share with others. I’m going to do everything I can to share all the reliable information and insight possible with every concerned citizen and praying believers so they know what can and must be done. I am reading God’s Word as well as numerous books providing truth and offering realistic possibilities. I’m communicating with respected leaders, ministers, scholars, and historians who are not controlled by logos or egos encouraging them to work together restoring America.
In the coming weeks and months, I will, with God’s help and your prayers, make meaningful information available in simple form so that pastors, parents, business people and people who are concerned can readily access the material. We will reduce hundreds of pages of research into brief summaries with resource notes available, providing examples, possibilities and positive opinions, along with historical proof. There is only one perfect source and one perfect person, and because of this there will always be imperfect interpretation, some misunderstanding and inappropriate application. But remember, the consequences of our errors are revealed over time and often sooner than expected. If we don’t learn from history, we are doomed to repeat the failure. Pray for me as I seek God’s wisdom relating to the concerns we share.
Finally, I will try to help everyone know how they can be effectively involved: how to find great candidates guided by proven principles who have the courage and conviction to stand by them. We must pray that strong families and church members will become involved to help put the best people in office and once there, help ensure they maintain what must be preserved and protected while accomplishing what they were elected to do. We have seen what was promoted as “change” and “the transformation of America,” and I declare, the present direction is ugly, dangerous and damaging to much of what enabled us to succeed, to prosper and be great in the proper sense of the word. I am proclaiming forcefully we need transformation and restoration. The transformation of people that only God can bring about through a personal relationship with Him and the restoration of founding principles in harmony with biblical truth.
I am certain that only transformed people can properly influence our nation and the nations of the world. The change we really need is personal transformation — true conversion that will lead to necessary corrections. The present prevailing worldview must be readjusted in line with the Word of God and founding principles. The worldview of many Christians, world leaders and the media has been perverted by the influences of this present world and its debasing ways. I am convinced the necessary restoration will occur only if believers, people of faith and those who understand the value of true freedom become inspired, informed and involved. I’m going to do everything I can to help.
Now let me share with you some facts that should not only shock you, but should lead you to be inspired, well-informed and involved with zeal demonstrated through wise actions.
We just passed the income tax deadline on April 15. With all of the tax code requirements, it is one of the most dreaded weeks of the year for many Americans. But now, only a little over half of our citizens pay income tax. Of course, every one of us pays various forms of tax throughout the year to support local services, roads, schools, police, etc. The federal income tax and its over 2000 pages of requirements is so complex, it is necessary for taxpayers to spend billions of additional dollars in personal and corporate income paying for help to fill out confusing forms. The system is insane and now 47% of our population will pay no federal income tax and this percentage is continually increasing. Betty and I are not in the group who pay no income tax, never have been, and likely you aren’t. If you sense it’s a problem now, brace up! The flood is soon coming.
Most of those reading this article love to help others who have legitimate needs, just as we do. But our ability to freely continue is being negatively impacted by the take-and-distribute-at-will mentality. We now have bigger government, bigger spending, bigger deficits, bigger debt, ever-growing bureaucracy and yet a much smaller part of our population paying for it.
Recently released information confirms that the top 5% of tax payers cover 60 percent of all federal income tax. The top 10% provide 75 percent of total revenue and another approximately 40% of taxpayers make up the rest with basically half of the population exempt. The present trend is not only depleting economic strength, but actually waging war on it.
Mark Stein, author of America Alone, points out that if 51% can vote themselves government assistance from the other 49%, soon 60% will be shaking down the remaining 40%, and then 70% will be sticking it to the remaining 30%. How long can this go on?
When you think about it, 53% of American households are propping up not just our country, but half the planet! Stein goes on to assert that as tax payers in the United States, we are effectively picking up the defense tab for our wealthiest allies so that Germany, Japan and others can maintain minimal militaries and lavish the savings on cradle-to-grave entitlements that we are now also moving toward. We have a tiny group of people writing the check for the entire global order.
Stein asks, “What proportion and rate of taxation will be required for those producing the income to finally figure out the game and conclude that the effort is no longer worth it and then bring the whole world financial system crashing down?”
I will go on record and say, everyone will suffer because of this present trend — especially the poor and those who have desperate need. Legislators are creating a sense of entitlement while robbing from the rich and stealing from those yet born in order to forcefully give it to anyone power brokers deem to be needy. I repeat, this process will severely hurt those who are truly poor.
I know it will take godly wisdom and supernatural intervention to stop this deadly debt process. USA Today revealed on Tuesday, April 13, two days before taxes were due, that the government is presently 7.5 trillion dollars in debt, which is 53% of our nation’s economy. In 8 years we will be 20.3 trillion in debt which consumes 90% of the US economy. I do not know how anyone on this earth who claims to know God, love God and love people can sit silently in a church pew or at home and allow this tragedy to occur on their watch. I can’t, I won’t, and I am praying for everyone who cares to join me as I seek to help turn the tide and stop the flood.
I personally believe if it is worth doing, I think every citizen must have some responsibility for maintaining the programs and policies our elected representatives put in place. Without personal responsibility, non-responsible voters will tolerate irresponsible decisions and debt. I am studying very seriously the total potential effect of the flat tax and some appropriate forms of consumer tax, but I will not follow the prevailing mindset and trends we now witness. I repeat, I am diligently seeking realistic solutions to very serious problems and asking all believers to fervently pray.
Because of a statement made by our president this week, I have another area of grave concern and that is our national security and ever increasing threats against America. President Obama said, “It is a vital national security interest of the United States to reduce these conflicts because whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower, and when conflicts break out, one way or another we get pulled into them, and that ends up costing us significantly in terms of both blood and treasure.”
I want to go on record and say that with all my heart and soul, I desire America to remain a dominant superpower, because we have always been the greatest force for good, peace and safety on the face of this earth. If the lion is going to lie down with the lamb, I want America to be the lion. I want it for you, our families, our future and world security. Pray our nation will always be strong enough to defend liberty and assist others who need our support.